You Didn't!


Another response to the ‘Zombie’ Challenge.


“What are you snickering at, TJ?” Glen asked, glancing at the LED reading on the clock. “It’s two AM and you’re supposed to be sleeping. That damn TV show better not be responsible for keeping you up.”

“Well it kind of is.”

“Didn’t sound like you were having a nightmare, so how is it disturbing your sleep and moreover, why is it disturbing mine?”

‘What the heck,’ the younger man thought. ‘It’s too funny to keep to myself.’

“Micah was rather interested in The Walking Dead. He knows absolutely nothing about zombies and so he didn’t really understand all that was going on. When the show ended I told him it left me kinda nervous. I asked him to stand guard tonight and keep his eyes open in case any zombies paid us a visit. I convinced him that the creatures were afraid of ghosts and he believed me. He’s sitting in the hall next to our door.”

“And you find that funny, do you?”

“Yeah! Don’t you?”  

“No, I do not!” Glen growled as he sat up in bed and turned on the lamp. “I thought you’d stopped pulling these kinds of tricks on your friends long ago, but it seems I was mistaken.”

Before TJ caught on to what was happening, he found himself face down over the bigger man’s lap and his bared-bottom being soundly walloped.

“Do you still find it funny?” Glen inquired when he’d unceremoniously plunked TJ back onto his side of the bed.

“N-no,” TJ hitched as he wiped the tears from his cheeks.

“Go and tell Micah he’s no longer needed for guard duty.”

“He’s gone,” TJ announced, somewhat surprised. “Any bets Jeremiah hauled him off to bed?”

“I can only hope so! You can apologize to both of them in the morning. Meanwhile it’s time we were getting some shut-eye.” Glen held out his arms. “Come here, Brat.”

The End 

No comments:

Post a Comment